The process of recruiting new personnel
is very important for any business, regardless of the place where the company was incorporated
. The employees
are crucial for the outcome of the business; recruitment companies
organize their business activity with the purpose of finding the most suitable candidate
for a certain job opening
Foreign investors who want to establish a recruitment company in Ireland
should know that the local workforce
is highly trained, being recognized as one of the most representative in this sense in the European Union; our Irish company formation specialists
can provide assistance for the incorporation of a workforce agency
The following video offers a short presentation on the registration of an Irish recruitment company:
Recruitment agencies in Ireland
Foreign businessmen who want to open a recruitment company in Ireland
can run various types of recruitment activities
seeking out employees
, as well as for candidates applying for job openings
. Our team of consultants in company registration in Ireland
can assist with advice on how to register a recruitment agency
in one of the Irish cities
can provide training sessions
or carrier consulting
for persons who are actively seeking to be employed in a company
; at the same time, a recruitment company
can find the right candidate
who can meet most of the criteria established by the employer
in terms of work experience, salary, level of qualifications and many others.
An Irish recruitment agency
will carry out a specific selection process performed by persons who are trained in the field of human resources
. Another function of a workforce agency
is to seek out for international candidates
; in this sense, the company
will provide assistance to the future employee
to accommodate their needs (housing, special permits) when relocating to Ireland
; our Irish company formation agents
can provide you with further details on this topic.
Most of the recruitment companies established in Ireland
do not require to obtain a license
in order to carry out their business operations; however, certain domains in the field do need special permits. Usually, employment
in the field of agriculture, horticulture and food processing activities are regulated by special provisions. Recruitment agencies
which employ persons working in the nursing and domiciliary care also require special permits as well.
What are the main steps in opening an Irish recruitment agency?
In order to open a recruitment agency in Ireland
, several steps have to be completed. The company’s representatives
will have to submit a set of papers with the National Vetting Bureau
and with the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation
(the latter is in charge with providing a license for the business operator). A valid application should contain the following:
• complete the Statutory Form following the regulations of the Employment Agency Act 1971;
• a proof that the company’s representatives have placed an add in one of the country’s national papers (which announces the intention to obtain a license);
• pay the fee imposed by the institution and enclose a proof on the matter;
• provide evidence that the company’s premises respect the regulations prescribed by the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act;
• offer evidence that the company was registered with the Companies Registration Office.
In the case of the businessmen starting a recruitment agency in Ireland
who are both foreigners and citizens of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), it is also necessary to provide a photocopy of the passport or a photocopy of the residency card
issued in Ireland
This requirement is necessary for this category of foreign businessmen as it provides sufficient evidence to the local institutions that the applicant does not need to obtain a “Business Permission
” to open a company in Ireland
; this type of permission is approved by the country’s Department of Justice
and our team of consultants
can provide more information concerning this matter.
Please note that when placing the add in the newspaper, the investors must select one of the newspapers that are approved by the local institutions, as not all newspapers
are eligible for this procedure. As mentioned above, the issuance of the license is bound by the payment of a fee, which is currently imposed at a fixed value of EUR 500, which must be paid on a yearly basis.
Provided that all the documents are subscribed correctly and that the institution has approved the application, the recruitment company will be granted with a license, which is valid for a period of one year. Upon its expiry, the investors can request the issuance of another license (which holds the name of Employment Agency License) and this should be done with a month prior to the expiration date.
As a general rule, it is necessary to know that the license for a recruitment company can be issued in a period of two weeks, but in practice, short delays may appear. In the case of a license renewal, the procedure takes less than two weeks.
Provided that the license needed for a recruitment agency
has expired and that the new license has not yet been issued, the company
is legally required to stop its activities, until the new license is available; our team of specialists in company registration in Ireland
can provide more details on other regulations that can be applied to recruitment agencies
in this country.
What are the main types of Irish legal entities?
The incorporation process
of a recruitment company
follows the same rules and regulations applicable to all types of companies in Ireland
. Thus, one of the aspects that have to be decided in the early stages of the procedure of company registration in Ireland
refers to choosing a suitable business form. Entrepreneurs can choose to incorporate an Irish company
under one of the following legal entities:
• company limited by shares - it represents one of the most common legal entities incorporated in Ireland, as the company’s founders benefit from limited liability in the case in which the company experiences any type of debt;
• designated activity company - this business form was created under the Irish Companies Act 2014 and it is defined by the fact that the company’s statutory documents will outline a specific business purpose;
• company limited by guarantee - the legal entity is generally selected for non-profit purposes;
• public limited company - when opening a company in Ireland through this business structure, the investors will be allowed to list the company on the stock exchange;
• unlimited company - the founders of this business form will have unlimited liability for any debts of the company;
• limited liability partnership - the company’s founders, who have the quality of members and not partners, are allowed to limit their level of liability for the debts of the partnership;
• Societas Europea company - this type of company can take the form of a subsidiary, a holding company or it can be formed through a merger.
Businessmen who want to find out more information on the recruitment companies in Ireland
can contact our company formation representatives
, who can offer assistance for all the stages of the registration process
. Our team of consultants in company registration in Ireland
can provide advice on the tax system that is applicable to a recruitment company
and can inform investors with any other relevant aspects that are related to this type of business activity.